Tuition and Fees

Below is a description of fees you may be charged when you register for classes. Your fees will vary, depending on factors such as residence status, financial aid eligibility, optional fees, instructional material fees and parking.

Enrollment Fees

All students are required by state regulations to pay a $46 per-unit enrollment fee. Details about exemptions, waivers, deferments, and grants related to this fee are available in the Financial Aid Office or by phone at (707) 527-4471.

Instructional Materials Fees

In addition to enrollment fees, instructional materials (also known as Course Fees) fees are charged for some courses in accordance with state regulations. These fees are shown in the class listings found in the Schedule of Classes. Designated fees represent the actual cost for materials used in these courses and are generally lower than you would pay if you were to purchase the same items separately. You have the option of paying the fees to the college or providing your own materials of equal quality. A list of materials will be provided by the instructor upon request. The instructor must provide the materials if an issue of health and safety applies.

Parking Fees

  • Semester permit for automobiles (transferable-type decal):
    • $60 Fall/Spring; $30 summer session
    • $55 Fall/ Spring for Cub Card Premium or Gold Card holders
    • Promise Grant (formerly BOGW) waives $30 - For Fall/Spring Only
  • Motorcycles/mopeds (bumper-type decal):
    • $10 Fall/Spring; $5 Summer session
    • $8 Fall/Spring for Cub Card Premium holders
  • Weekend permits $16 (Available only at Accounting)

The automobile parking permit may be transferred from vehicle to vehicle. The permit must be purchased each semester. You are eligible for a refund only if you return the unused decal to the Accounting Office by the published refund date.

Please note: Parking permits are not replaced if lost. Please go to the Accounting Office to purchase a replacement. Permit will be replaced with copy of a police report if stolen. Please go to the District Police to report the theft.


Health Services

SRJC charges a fee (see all fees and deadlines) to support the health of the individual students and the college community, through the Student Health Services department.

This is a District-mandated and State-regulated fee for all students enrolled in credit courses, with waivers** for apprenticeship students, students who depend exclusively on prayer for healing, incarcerated students, Study Abroad students, and students enrolled in only contracted or "0" unit courses. Get more details regarding the Health Service Fee here


Student Center Fee

SRJC charges a fee to support the student centers at the campuses ($1 per unit, not to exceed $10 per fiscal year). This may be required  of all students attending community college where the centers are located. This requirement shall not apply to students enrolled in non-credit classes or those enrolled in the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families  Program, the Supplemental Security Income/State Supplementary Program or the General Assistance Program.


Student Transportation Fee

The SRJC has established a transportation fee in order to reduce fares for students using public transit provided by common carriers or municipally-owned transit systems, including Sonoma County Transit, Santa Rosa City Bus and Petaluma City Bus  ($1 per unit, not to exceed $10 per semester and up to $5 for the summer term). This requirement shall not apply to students enrolled in non-credit classes or those enrolled in the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families Program, the Supplemental Security Income/State Supplementary Program or the General Assistance Program.


Student Representation Fee*

The Student Representation Fee of $2.00 provides support for student representatives who state positions and viewpoints before city, county, and district governments and before offices and agencies of the state and federal government. Students may refuse to pay the Student Representation Fee for religious, political, financial, or moral reasons by stating so by signing a waiver available through the Accounting or Student Affairs Office if registering on the student portal.

Cub Card Premium*

This optional $15 fee supports many services and activities that support students ($9 for Summer semester). Get more details on the Cub Card Premium.

Photo ID Card for Students*

The $5 photo ID card is optional. You will need a Student ID Card to check materials out of the library and use computer labs. Cards are reusable from semester to semester.


Non-Resident and International Student Tuition

Non-residents and international students are charged a nonresident and a capital outlay fee per unit in addition to the basic and required enrollment fees. The non-resident category includes out-of-state residents (U.S. citizens) and eligible alien visa holders (Ex: A, E, G, I, K, L, H1, H4, permanent resident, etc.) who have been both in the country and holding an eligible visa for one year and one day prior to the beginning of the term, but not in the state of California for one year and one day prior to the beginning of the term. A California resident is one who has established legal residence for one year and one day prior to the first day of instruction. Students who are residents of other states wishing to change their residency must show intent to remain. Just being present does not prove intent. Reasonable evidence of permanent stay in California determines state residency, such as: local voter registration, employment verification, DMV documentation, state income tax, and other proof of California residency. Non-Resident Students and International Students are required by the state to pay both the non-resident fee and the Capital Outlay fee per unit in addition to the enrollment fee. Please refer to the fees schedule or the Schedule of Classes for current enrollment and tuition fees.

Note: AB540, Exemption from Non-Resident Tuition for certain eligible California high school graduates, became effective January 1, 2002. Please refer to the AB540 California Non-Resident Tuition Exemption for more details.

For more general information regarding residency requirements please review the Admissions & Records residency requirements, or contact Admissions & Records directly with questions.


Returned Checks/Charges

A $10 returned item charge will be charged for each returned check or credit card charge-back transaction.


Optional Fee Waivers and Mandatory Fee Exemption

*If you do not want to pay this optional fee, you must click Waive during the checkout process, submit a written request in person or by e-mail to This waiver is valid for the applicable term that you are requesting.

**If you depend exclusively upon prayer for healing, you may request that this fee be waived by completing a form at the Admissions and Records Office, or by submitting a fee waiver petition, which must be submitted prior to the 1st day of class. You must also provide a written statement of such reliance from an official of the sect, denomination or organization.